Interpretation and Action Plan

I thought the story A Message to Garcia was very good and had a very good message. I really liked how it showed us to take an initiative in everything, even the little things. Taking an initiative is so important in your every day life, for everyone not just adults. For instance in middle school if you do not try and are lazy with school work you might not get good grades resulting in you not getting into the high school you wanted to go to. As well as in high school if you have an athletic career and you don't take an initiative in your sport or you're lazy with it you might just loose a starting spot, let alone if you don't take an initiative in school and your grades drop you won't be able to play sports at all. 

Based on how my past years with school have gone I've decided to make some changes. I have always been lazy with my schoolwork and now that I am in high school that has to change. if my grades don't stay up then I wont be able to play football. I have a few ways and ideas on how to ensure my grades stay up. If I am not doing so well in a class i can ask too meet with the teacher after class, during an off mod or after school. My football coach always tells us that school comes first and that if we ever need any extra help to go see him after practice and he will find a tutor for you. Another way to say successful is by telling your coach that you cant come to practice because your grades are slipping and you need to study for a test the next day. Our coaches would one hundred percent understand and give it an okay. You could stop staying up way too late to the point where you are very tired at school and falling asleep in class or being so tired that you cant even grasp what you're being taught. One more way for me to be successful is for me, to be me and not let anyone change that or let anyones opinions and thoughts change me.   

Comments

  1. Nik, I am challenging you to "up your game" regarding your writing. Try to use a wider vocabulary to describe your thoughts (you can do better than just saying "very good" - especially TWICE in one sentence!). 43/50 on the Garcia essay. You Action Plan showed more variety in your language, and you went into greater detail. I recommend doing a thorough proofread before you publish your work. 46/50 on this essay, for a total of 89/100 on the whole assignment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1/11/18

12/5/17

1/2/18